Drive Solutions for the food and beverage industry
Ask us for save and energy efficient drive solutions. We would love to discuss the advantages of our solustions with you.
- Bottling and capping
Sealed Surface Conversion System - The alternative to stainless steel
Geared motors from NORD with nsd tupH are the optimal choice for use in challenging environmental conditions.
The advantages of nsd tupH
- Easy to clean surfaces
- Resistant to acids and alkalis (wide pH range)
- No blistering, even if damaged
- No flaking
- Corrosion resistant, prevents contact corrosion
- Conforms to FDA title 21 CFR 175.300
- Free from chromates
Tests performed with nsd tupH
- ASTM D714 Blister formation
- ASTM D610-08 Corrosion
- ASTM D1654-08 Scratching
- ASTM B117-09 Salt spray test
- ASTM D3170 Gravelometertest
- DIN EN ISO 9227 Salt spray mist test
- DIN EN ISO 2409 Cross-cut test
- Diverse cleaning agents from the food industry
Application optimised drive solutions for logistics
Highly efficient 2-stage bevel gear unit
- IE4 Synchronous Motor
- Power plug connector
- Pre-assembled cable
- Up to 300% overload capacity possible
Easy to service and maintain
- Considerable reduction of spare part stocks
- Easy to service due to plug-and-play technology
- Compact, space-saving design
- 25% weight reduction due to lightweight aluminium housing
Wash-down version possible. NORD supports you with the economics calculation for total cost reduction.
Optimisation of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
The "lifetime costs" of drive solutions can be optimised by energy efficient products and reducing the number of versions. With the aid of TCO calculation, the total costs for a product over its lifetime can be determined and the break-even-point for the investment can be calculated.
- Procurement, transportation and installation, environmental and disposal costs only account for a part of the costs.
- Application optimised drive solutions bring down costs
- Operating costs such as energy, operating materials, operation and software, as well as repair and maintenance costs must also be considered.
- Less cleaning effort and considerably increased service life in corrosive environments
- Prevention of the spread of dirt by the use of fanless motors and product contamination, e.g. due to flaking paint systems
- The high quality and reliability of NORD products also results in a longer servic life with lower maintenance costs, which further reduces the total cost.
IE4 Synchronous smooth motors
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS builds energy-saving smooth motors with and without brakes. The use of NORD energy-saving motors with considerably higher efficiencies allows you to reduc operating costs.
Neu ist die Leistungserweiterung der Glattmotoren auf BG71 mit den Leistungen 120W, 180W und 250W.
Advantages of NORD smooth motors
- Smooth surfaces, especially suitable for applications in the food and beverage industry
- IE3/IE4 motors have a greater efficiency than the previous EFF2 motors
- IE3/IE4 motors produce less waste heat
- IE3/IE4 motors have a longer service life than previously common motors
- IE3/IE4 motors contribute to reducing operating cost
Features of NORD smooth motors
- Die cast aluminium (smooth motors)
- NORD IE2/IE3/IE4 motors have an "extended operating range", which means that no safety reserves, or lower safety reserves need to be taken into account for the design of the drive unit
IE4 PMSM motors
- Operate with high efficiency even with low loads and speeds and are therefore ideal for fluctuating loads due to different products or batch sizes
- High energy density = smaller drive units
- High efficiency means low losses, which results in less heat production
- Easy to clean thanks to smooth housing designed for optimum run-off
2 stage bevel gearunit NORDBLOC.1 from 50 Nm
NORD DRIVESYSTEMS is adding a smaller model for output torques of up to 50 Nm to its newest 2-stage bevel gear unit series, so that now, in addition to worm gear units, highly efficient bevel gear units can be supplied for small load ranges.
These gear units have a very high mechanical load-bearing capacity and are resistant to high output shaft forces. The short-time overload limit is 275%. The new models are available for gear ratios ranging from 3.03 up to 47.67:1. They are added to the current series that now consists of six sizes with torques of up to 660 Nm.
NORD supplies them with hollow and solid shafts, with single or double-sided output shafts, for foot or flange mounting, and in open or enclosed designs. The gear units are made from aluminium and can therefore be supplied with nsd tupH surface treatment.